Category: Community Published on Tuesday, 09 July 2013 15:28 Written by AJ Williams & RJ Barnhill
Since 1936, Mr. Mikes Karaoke & Sports Bar had been providing Detroiters with an escape from the daily grind. Unfortunately the cozy lounge burned down yesterday evening.
Located at 6064 Woodward Ave, Mr. Mikes served as a Detroit social hub for years. The lounge with a neighborhood bar feel, drew a diverse crowd and specialized in great drinks and live entertainment. Located near the Wayne State University campus, it was a long-time favorite among students for its reasonable drink prices. Stay tuned to Michigan Chronicle.com as this story develops
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)