Category: Community Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 10:20 Written by WWJ
ALLEN PARK (WWJ) – Black Friday is still days away, but some people are already in line for those after-Thanksgiving deals.
WWJ’s Sandra McNeill stopped by the Best Buy in Allen Park to talk to some of the bargain hunters.
Hassan Khalaf has been in line since last Thursday along with seven of his friends.
“We’ve made it a tradition to be first in line every year… for about the last six years,” said Khalaf.
He’s pitched his tent right next to the Best Buy front door. “We have, like sleeping bags, heaters inside the tent and then we rotate every once in a while, go home and take showers, grab some food and then everybody comes here at night,” he said. “So we sleep here every night – all of us.”
What are some of the black Friday deals that folks are waiting in line to buy?
“A 40″ TV for $199, a 50″ for $399, and there’s a laptop computerfor $187, for and an X-Box for $199,” Khalaf said.
He said the wait doesn’t matter, this is becoming an annual tradition for friends and he thinks it’s fun. This year Khalaf’s boss put in an order for a 55″ inch TV.
Tents are also set up outside the Best Buy store in Rochester Hills at Rochester and Auburn Roads.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)
- Charlie Murphy headlines grand opening of The Comedy Zone (1)