Category: Community Published on Friday, 07 December 2012 11:06 Written by Amber Bogins
Weekend 10: December 7-9
1. Saturday, 12/8 Walk Fashion Show 2012 at 5pm Neighborhood: Cultural District/Midtown/Wayne State Charles H. Wright Museum Of African American History 315 E. Warren Detroit, MI
2. Friday, 12/7 Trey Songz Chapter V World Tour Feat. Miguel and Elle Varner 8pm at the Fox Theatre Go online for ticketing information http://www.olympiaentertainment.com
3. Friday & Saturday, 12/7-8 Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village 6:30p-10p Enjoy the most popular holiday event in the area, Holiday Nights in Greenfield Village. Held December 1, 7-8, 14-16, 18-23 and 26-27 from 6:30 to 10 p.m., this event is the premiere holiday celebration! The event costs $15-$75. For more information, visit http://www.thehenryford.org.
4. Saturday, 12/8 Rickey Smiley Family Skate Party, 6p-8p Westland Skate Phone: 734-326-2800 Address: 37550 Cherry Hill Road, Westland, MI Dr. Darrius and other Hot 107.5 Jocks will be hosting….and DJ Snook will be spinning the music! WIN Tickets daily or buy them at the HOT 107.5 office @ 3250 Franklin Street – Detroit, MI 48207 on Tuesday through Friday from 10am until 5pm. 4 ticket for $10.75 PLUS and NEW unwrapped TOY would be appreciated. WOW Great Price!!!!!!!
5. Saturday, 12/8 Soul Music at Masonic Temple, 7:30p Join us as we welcome Soul Music starring Millie Jackson with Willie Clayton and Theodis Ealey at the Masonic Temple on Saturday, December 8th. Doors open at 7pm. Tickets are on sale now at the Masonic Temple Box Office and www.Ticketmaster.com.
6. Friday, 12/7 Piston VS Bulls, 7:30 Doors open at 5:30. Go online to http://www.palacenet.com for ticketing information
7. Friday, 12/7 Auburn Hills Tree Lighting This 19th annual tree lighting event promises fun for the whole family and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus! COST: Free LOCATION: MOMS Memorial at Auburn and Squirrel roads, Downtown Auburn Hills Auburn Hills, MI ADDITIONAL INFO PHONE 248-370-9353 WEBSITE http://www.auburnhills.org
8. Wayne County Lightfest This four-mile-long spectacular is touted as the longest drive-thru holiday light display in the Midwest. Note: Closed on Dec. 25. COST: $5 fee/car LOCATION: Enter off Merriman Road, between Ann Arbor Trail and Warren Avenue, Westland, MI ADDITIONAL INFO PHONE 734-261-1990 WEBSITE http://www.waynecountyparks.org
9. The Weekend, 12/7-9 A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Power Center in Ann Arbor William Shakespeare's comedy is highlighted by chaos, love, obsession and transformation. For mature kids or a parents' night out. Show times are as follows: Thursday: 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday: 8 p.m. Sunday: 2 p.m. COST $10-$26 LOCATION Power Center 121 Fletcher St. Ann Arbor, MI PHONE 734-764-2538 WEBSITE http://www.music.umich.edu
10. The Weekend, 12/7-9 Santa Arrives at Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi Catch Santa in Novi! You'll love the Ice Palace, complete with a 30-foot ice dome with falling snow, a light show and displays. Times are as follows: Monday-Saturday: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. COST: Contact for photo package pricing LOCATION Twelve Oaks Mall 27500 Novi Road Novi, MI ADDITIONAL INFO PHONE 248-348-9438 WEBSITE http://www.shoptwelveoaks.com/
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- Detroit is eligible for bankruptcy, pension cuts (2)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network among lowest priced health plans on Michigan’s ACA health insurance marketplace (1)
- WIGS 4 KIDS HOSTS TENTH ANNIVERSARY FUNDRAISING GALA (6)
- Charles Barkley ‘Agrees’ With GZ Verdict, Says ‘Black People Are Racist Too’ (2)
- Why France’s lens is focused on Detroit (1)