- Whitney’s mom talks Bobby Brown - 2013-05-03
- Actor Courtney B. Vance: ‘Lucky Guy’ or ‘Relentless Guy’ - 2013-04-29
- Pat Houston hospitalized after suicide scare - 2013-03-28
- Cry For Help? Pat Houston Hospitalized After Suicide Scare - 2013-03-27
- Dionne Warwick, down to $1,000 cash, files for bankruptcy - 2013-03-26
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Monday, 29 October 2012 13:58 Written by News One
The news entertainment site reports that Cissy and Pat Houston, co-executors of Whitney Houston’s estate, tried to change how Bobbi Kristina would receive her mother’s fortune, which rings up to the tune of $20 million.
The original plan was for Bobbi Kristina to get the money in three large amounts: 10 percent when she turns 21 ($2 mil), just under 20 percent at age 25 ($4 mil) and the remainder when she turns 30 ($16 mil).
According to TMZ, the aforesaid arrangement, as Whitney planned it, will remain intact for the most part. It is not clear how long Mrs. Houston wanted her granddaughter to wait before getting any of her mother’s millions.
Mrs. Houston wanted to change the payment arrangement over concerns that, in its current framework, it would be “too much, too soon.” She also expressed concerns that Bobbi Kristina was surrounded by too many negative influences, including her boyfriend Nick Gordon. She also has well-documented issues with alcoholism.
Both are happy that case is settled and are looking to move on.
But do you think that Bobbi Kristina, who is 19-years-old now, will be ready to handle $2 million given her current prime time antics?
Sound off!Take Our Poll
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!
- UPDATE: Election commission decides to keep Duggan on the ballot (1)
- African Americans Must be a part of Detroit New Development Growth (1)
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell? [Video} (2)
- Earn and Learn Program helps chronically unemployed find careers (1)
- "Hot Lap Ride" with Will Power and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix (1)