- See Photos and Accomplishments of the 2013 Men of Excellence Honorees - 2013-05-13
- New procedure promises to permanently change your eye color - 2013-04-12
- Governor Snyder green lights rapid bus line - 2013-04-12
- New plan announced for Detroit public schools - 2013-04-12
- Michelle Obama takes violence in Chicago 'personal' - 2013-04-11
Category: RTM News Reel Published on Friday, 09 November 2012 09:12 Written by News One
EL PASO, Texas — A man who says he is Sherman Hemsley‘s brother is expected to reveal the results of a DNA test to a judge in Texas in an effort to prove his claim for a share of the late actor’s estate.
Richard Thornton, of Philadelphia, challenged the validity of Hemsley’s will, which names the actor’s longtime friend, Flora Enchinton of El Paso, as sole beneficiary. “The Jeffersons” star died of lung cancer July 24.
Thornton is scheduled to appear at the probate court in El Paso on Friday.
Hemsley was born in Philadelphia but lived in El Paso for the last 20 years of his life. Court documents indicate his estate is worth more than $50,000.
The actor’s refrigerated remains remain at an El Paso funeral home amid the estate dispute.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
- ^Wendy Williams Has No Deep Celebrity Relationships (www.eurweb.com)
- ^India.Arie Pens Candid Letter About Nina Simone Film (www.eurweb.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the Michigan Chronicle Digital Daily newsletter!